Re: Anyone familiar with Apple Xserve RAID

From: Kevin Barnard <kbarnard(at)speedfc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone familiar with Apple Xserve RAID
Date: 2004-08-26 19:06:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Actually you are both are right and wrong. The XRaid uses FibreChannel
to communicate to the host machine(s). The Raid controller is a
FibreChannel controller. After that there is a FibreChannel to UltraATA
conversion for each drive, separate ATA bus for each drive.

What I am curious about is if this setup gets around ATA fsync problems,
where the drive reports the write before it is actually performed.

--
Kevin Barnard
Speed Fulfillment and Call Center