Re: rpm for RH AS 2.1 ?

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rpm for RH AS 2.1 ?
Date: 2004-08-26 01:38:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>

>>>anyone succesfull create all the rpm for RH AS 2.1 ?
>>>
>>>I was able to do it using the srpms for RH9 but I did
>>>it with --define 'python 0'. Any idea on how to obtain also
>>>the postgresql-python.rpm ?
>>>
>>>Without 'pyhton 0' this is the error:
>

> <snip>
>
> AFAIK, it's an error related to Python version since I could build Python
> rpm for RHEL3. It has python v1.5 or so.

Problem solved, apparently the RH AS 2.1 doesn't have the Distutil package
installed by default so the distutils module was not available in order to
retrieve the python_path.

If you want put the rpm that I obtained in the ftp server you can find them here:

http://mendola.no-ip.com/rpm745.htm

let me know if you take it so I'll remove it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola