Re: No connection to a PG 8.0 Beta 1 win32 server

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Secrétariat <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No connection to a PG 8.0 Beta 1 win32 server
Date: 2004-08-24 20:08:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Secrétariat wrote:
> I see in the log file that parameter "tcpip_socket" was invalid,
> but how can I connect my W2k client with pgAdmin III to my XP Pro server
> using Beta1 ?
> Is the Beta1 à standalone version ?

Nope - AFAIK it's a full version.

The documentation for 8.0beta is available online at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html
If you look at the following page
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/runtime-config.html
you should see that listen_addresses is the new value and should be set
to "*"

The documentation should be part of your installed package.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd