Re: triggers with parameters can cause backend crash

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andras Belokosztolszki" <beland1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: triggers with parameters can cause backend crash
Date: 2001-10-23 15:21:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Andras Belokosztolszki" <beland1(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> When I use 2 or more triggers (body written in C) with trigger parameters,
> triggered within the same psql connection the backend crashes randomly.

It's hard to tell for sure from your incomplete example, but I wonder
whether you are sometimes returning a garbage pointer value from your
trigger function. The quoted code looks like it has mismatched braces,
leaving me wondering if it's possible to fall off the end of the
function without executing a "return" statement.