Re: Timezone detection problem (was: InitDB

From: Mario Ivankovits <imario(at)apache(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Timezone detection problem (was: InitDB
Date: 2004-08-20 11:34:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus Hagander write:

>I plan to get at least one try through on fixing this in the backend
>before next beta. (We are talking about the misbehaviour on locallized
>windows installations, I assume?)

Yes.

>Oh, and it *does* log a warning about not finding the timezone. It's
>just that the beta installed by the MSI installer doesn't direct this to
>the eventlog :-)

And not only this - the log for the initDB process is deleted after an
successful installation.

*lol*
You might only see the warning about the failed timezone detection if
you install postgres on an terminal server in an remote session - when
the installer failes you could look into the initdb log (before you
press OK, else the log is deleted anyways)
*/lol*

--
Mario