Solaris port status let's go for a new "tour" :)

From: Raphael Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solaris port status let's go for a new "tour" :)
Date: 2004-08-17 22:01:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dear friends,

I've just built pgAdmin III on a solaris 9 x86 box.

The good news:
- with packages from www.blastwave.org (in particular the GTK2 &
gcc-3.4.1 ones)
both the current wxWid and pga3 build straight. There are still some
little problems
with pga3 build but nothing really hard to correct I think.
- it was worth investigating the gcc-3.4 issue ;)

The "maybe bad" news:
- take a look at
http://www.enrici.com/pgadmin/SCREENSHOTS/solaris/Screenshot-1.png
I'm totally unable to create a database because the field where I should
enter
the db name is grey. As I'm really tired, does anybody has an idea of what
I'm missing ? Something like "Do you have the right to create db with
the user
you are using ?" ;) [I precise I've just successed in creating a db with
psql]

Are we on the way to create a new directory under /snapshots/ ?
(Dave, prepare your famous mkdir ;p)

Regards,
Raphael
P.S. I didn't find the time to say it but I find the new pgAdmin III
really improved
compared to actual 1.02!