Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available

From: Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Johan Paul Glutting <jpglutting(at)vqp(dot)udl(dot)es>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Date: 2004-08-17 15:34:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Hi,

I think I finally have this narrowed down to a reproducible scenario.
Reproducible on my machine, at least. :-)

- If you install with default service ID (pgsql-8.0-beta1) and the
service is started when you run uninstall, then it is removed immediately.

- If you install with default service ID (pgsql-8.0-beta1) and the
service is stopped, then it is marked as disabled and removed at first
reboot.

- If you use a custom service ID, then it is never removed and you have
to use a registry editor to delete it manually.

Regards,
Aleksander