Re: PITR on Windows?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR on Windows?
Date: 2004-08-14 15:09:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gaetano Mendola wrote:

> BTW other projects are carrying also a build version in order to
> distinguish
> between two 8.0beta1 versions.

Except that we don't officially publish builds, only source sets.

Actually, this might be a reson to chenge to a different SCC system -
svn at least has a unique tree number for every set (it gets bumped
after every commit), and I could see some value in exposing that
information. Then if people report bugs against dev/beta versions, we
could ask then for the tree number, which would be more helpful than the
label. Not sure if other systems have this feature - I do know I
recently looked at svn and decided it wasn't quite stable enough for my
company's needs - they had a file format change earlier this year, which
worried me.

cheers

andrew