Re: MS VB6 CheckBox with PostgreSQL ODBC

From: Andrew Ayers <aayers(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Secrétariat <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
Cc: ODBC PostgreSQL <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MS VB6 CheckBox with PostgreSQL ODBC
Date: 2004-08-13 17:04:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Secrétariat wrote:
> Hello !
> I use MS VB6 SP5 with pgsqlodbc 7.03.02.00 on a PostgreSQL 7.4.3
> Database on Linux.
> The PostgreSQL table 'tests' contain :
> - a boolean field 'testbool',
> - an integer field testint,
> - a numeric field testnum.
> In MS VB6 I create a Form with :
> - an ADOdc control 'adodc1',
> - a CheckBox control 'chkTest' with :
> DataSource = adodc1,
> Datafield = testbool.
> The display is correct in the 'chkTest' control but
> trying to update change on that control generate an error -2147217842
> (aborted operation) !?
> If I change the Datafield with testint or testnum it works !?
> It seem like a bad interpretation of the boolean value between then
> CheckBox control and the ODBC driver ...
> How can I workaround ? I can't change all my boolean values in the
> database !

I am trying to recreate your test, but for some reason my ODBC
connection is failing (I don't even know if you are using ODBC).

If you are using ODBC, in the settings (for the ODBC driver) there
should be a flag named "True is -1" - select that (so it is "on" or
"true") - then retry your test.

BTW - in order for me to be able to replicate this, I am going to need
the following:

1. Complete property settings for the ADOdc control, including
properties and settings you used for the "ConnectionString" property.

2. Complete property settings for your PostgreSQL ODBC driver.

Thank you,

Andrew Ayers
Phoenix, Arizona

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.