duplicate table in two databases

From: Fabio Ferrero <nutella(at)inwind(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: duplicate table in two databases
Date: 2004-08-12 13:42:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

I use postgres 7.2.1 (debian woody) and PHP.

I've two databases (foo and bar for example) with the same table (ie.
stamps).

It's possible with a single query transfer the data from the stamps
table in db foo to the stamps table in db bar?

Or I need a row by row copy? Or maybe a dump on temp file?

(with one db and two tables with the same record I can use INSERT INTO
foo SELECT * FROM bar).

Thanks.