psql - missing tab-completion support for tablespaces

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql - missing tab-completion support for tablespaces
Date: 2004-08-07 07:56:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

[sorry if you get this mail twice, i think my first post didn't made it
passt the moderator queue]

Hi!

While playing around with 8.0devel I found it somewhat irritating that
psql had no tab-complete support for all tablespace related commands.
Attached is my own poor attempt that adds at least basic support for
CREATE/ALTER/DROP and \db.

When looking through the code I found that there seem to be much more
places where the tabcomplete-code is not 100% in sync with what the
doc's show as possible syntax.
Is there interest in fixing those up (ie qualifing as BUGS that can get
fixed during BETA) ? If so I could take a look at those in the next days ...

Stefan

Attachment Content-Type Size
tablespace-tabcomplete.diff text/plain 4.1 KB