Re: range_agg with multirange inputs

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: range_agg with multirange inputs
Date: 2022-03-30 18:43:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This patch has been committed. I split it into a few pieces.

On 12.03.22 04:18, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
> On 3/10/22 14:07, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> When I apply this patch, I get a func.sgml with two entries for
>> range_intersect_agg(anymultirange).
>
> Arg, fixed.
>
>> In range_agg_transfn, you've changed the message in the "must be called
>> with a range or multirange"; that seems like another good candidate to
>> be an elog.
>
> Agreed. Updated here.

I kept those messages as "range" or "multirange" separately, instead of
"range or multirange". This way, we don't have to update all the
messages of this kind when a new function is added. Since these are
only internal messages anyway, I opted for higher maintainability.