Timezone for %t log_line_prefix

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix
Date: 2004-08-04 21:38:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If %t is used in log_line_prefix, win32's strftime will print a very
long timezone information, e.g. "W. Europe Daylight Time" where Linux
would write "UTC". This makes the timestamp consuming more than half of
an average line length.
Do we have alternatives to the long form? Do we need the timezone
information at all? We know already it's the server's time. Another
alternative would be a short timestamp (%t vs. %T) to have both.

Regards,
Andreas