Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3
Date: 2008-07-16 03:26:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> writes:
> So I guess my question is: what is wrong with the properties for
> citextsend/citextrecv

[ checks catalogs... ] textsend and textrecv are marked STABLE not
IMMUTABLE. I am not totally sure about the reasoning offhand --- it
might be because their behavior depends on client_encoding.

> and what else might these failures be indicating
> is wrong?

I think the other diffs are okay, they just reflect the fact that you're
depending on binary equivalence of text and citext.