Re: Moving tables between schemas

From: John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
To: "m(dot)e(dot)bruche(at)lse(dot)ac(dot)uk" <m(dot)e(dot)bruche(at)lse(dot)ac(dot)uk>, postgres general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving tables between schemas
Date: 2004-07-30 10:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

You may be able to play around with the system catalogs, but I don't
know anything about that...

An easy method of moving the tables are

create table mynewschema1.table1 as select * from public.table1;
drop public.table1;

create table mynewschema2.table2as select * from public.table2;
drop public.table2;

You may need to recreate any indexes that the tables used in the public
schema, and you may need to grant rights in order to allow your users to
access the tables...

Hope that helps

John Sidney-Woollett

create