Re: Stale references to guc.c in comments/tests

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stale references to guc.c in comments/tests
Date: 2023-02-27 13:35:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 24 Feb 2023, at 16:19, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> writes:
>> I happened to notice that there were a few references to guc.c regarding
>> variables, which with the recent refactoring in 0a20ff54f have become stale.
>> Attached is a trivial patch to instead point to guc_tables.c.
>
> Hmm, I think you may have done an overenthusiastic replacement here.

Fair enough, I only changed those places I felt referenced variables, or their
definition, in guc_tables.c but I agree that there is a lot of greyzone in the
interpretation.

> Perhaps you could use "the GUC mechanisms" in these places, but it's a bit
> longer than "guc.c". Leaving such references alone seems OK too.

I've opted for mostly leaving them in the attached v2.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Fix-outdated-references-to-guc.c.patch application/octet-stream 6.4 KB