Re: Wrong column names in ResultSetMetaData

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Mike Martin <mmartin(at)vieo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong column names in ResultSetMetaData
Date: 2004-07-29 03:28:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Mike Martin wrote:

> For programmatic purposes the column name concept is pretty
> well defined by the docs on ResultSet.

Can you point me to these docs? I can't see this requirement from a
glance through the 1.4 javadoc, but the JDBC javadoc is pretty useless..

> I have to think this is going to break more code than just
> ours.

I don't remember intentionally changing this behaviour in the V3
overhaul so it may actually predate those changes. However, Field was
rearranged when doing the V3 changes so it's entirely possible I
accidentally broke this behaviour.

-O