good use of locale-settings (lang=, lc_...=)

From: "zuhans(at)iname(dot)com" <zuhans(at)iname(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: good use of locale-settings (lang=, lc_...=)
Date: 2004-07-27 09:35:06
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hello,

i installed postgresql and finally got it to run. now i installed
another (windows-)program and i came again to this very important
question: how to properly use/set the locale-variables?

my newly installed program needs the (windows-)system-variable "lang" to
be set to "de" (for me, so that i can read the menu-entries in my language).

i installed postgresql with the locale-setting "C".

now: will i run into troubles with my new-setted (and needed) "lang=de" var?

greetings
hans horwath
p.s.: is there a good summary for secure and long-term functioning
locale-settings?