Re: Converting a plperlu function to a plpgsql function

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: devin(at)synapticvision(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Converting a plperlu function to a plpgsql function
Date: 2004-07-22 18:22:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

Devin Whalen wrote:
> First line:
> my @active_tables=split(/,/,$tables);
>
> Is there anyway to split a variable like the perl split above?

I'm no perl guru, but in 7.4 I believe this does what you're looking for:

regression=# select string_to_array('1,2,3',',');
string_to_array
-----------------
{1,2,3}
(1 row)

> Second line:

> {
> my $locid = $1;
> my $table = $2;

Not sure about this one. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Maybe a
little less efficient, but it seems like it would be easy enough to
parse when true.

HTH,

Joe