How to identify the transaction of a lock?

From: Si Chen <schen(at)graciousstyle(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to identify the transaction of a lock?
Date: 2004-07-21 20:04:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello. I am having a problem with a locked table that causes postmaster
to hang on inserts. I went to pg_locks and got:

transaction 6536720
pid 15992
mode ExclusiveLock
granted t

How do I go from this transaction identifier to finding out which
transaction caused it to lock, so I can resolve it in my code?

Thanks!

Si Chen