Re: A few ideas....

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: pgadv(at)p15112334(dot)pureserver(dot)info
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A few ideas....
Date: 2004-07-20 11:00:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

pgadv(at)p15112334(dot)pureserver(dot)info wrote:
> I'd also like to suggest that we allow the main site to make use of all the browsers screen width. At the moment it limits the width of information that can be displayed, and as a result a lot of it ends up off the first page. To give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about I've mocked up a demo at http://p15112334.pureserver.info/postgresql/ I know it's missing the websites and languages sections, but the idea of the mock up is to show how it handles browser windows.

It is impossible to "skin" the current postgresql.org, due to horrible
architecture. A new version of postgresql.org is under development. The
"engine" itself is ready, next steps would be doing a completely new
design and improving content. I am not sure whether anyone is currently
working on it, though.

There is also a well-hidden mailing list for website development, you
can try finding it and subscribing.