schema dumping

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: schema dumping
Date: 2004-07-16 06:01:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Can I change pg_dump to never use the AUTHORIZATION clause and use OWNER
TO instead? It would make things a lot simpler, especially in the case
when dumping that the public schema has had its ownership changed.

This is what the comment says:

* Note that ownership is shown in the AUTHORIZATION clause,
* while the archive entry is listed with empty owner (causing
* it to be emitted with SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT).
* This seems the best way of dealing with schemas owned by
* users without CREATE SCHEMA privilege. Further hacking has
* to be applied for --no-owner mode, though!

We now have a better way, but it's non-standard. Shall I change it?

Chris