Re: win32 port

From: "zuhans(at)iname(dot)com" <zuhans(at)iname(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 port
Date: 2004-07-10 08:48:59
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers-win32

hello martijn,

maybe there are good reasons for both opinions - yours and "nobodys"
(btw not too good a name...):

when postgresql should be running in production-systems running the
database as root would be suicide (maybe running on most
windows-envirionments too...). so this should be prevented.

but: if i do "just" programming and i want to run postgresql besides my
ide to create/test my wonderful programming ideas there should be just
the ability to run postgresql with any user - even with root. otherwise
i must login to my computer as special postgresql-user to run postgresql
but maybe don't have all rights to work with my ide and other
programming-tools.

so there should be an easy solution for both!

greetings
hans