Re: initdb crash

From: "Deblauwe Gino" <De_Spike(at)Pandora(dot)Be>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb crash
Date: 2004-07-07 09:08:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

This isn't just convenience, NTFS (Never The Same Filesystem) means not running
between multiple platforms. And a crashed NTFS is harder to recover than a crashed
FAT32. All I want to say is that they both have their good sides AND their bad sides.
If you don't work with multiple OS's on 1 system and a shared partition between them
the choice to make is definitely an NTFS, but there are other situations. If you want
to try it, try to execute an older Partition Magic (7 or something) on an NTFS in W2K
or WXP. But you better take a backup before you resize it.

Greetings
Deblauwe Gino