Bug related with permissions - VIEWS and RULES

From: Luis Sousa <llsousa(at)ualg(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug related with permissions - VIEWS and RULES
Date: 2004-07-06 08:33:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the bug reported on
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org/msg07755.html is
already fixed?
I'm using PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on i386-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 3.3 (Debian), and I have the same problem described for 7.3.4 and
7.4.1.
This bug can be reproduced creating a table, creating a view over the
table and an insert rule over the view. The rule must be in the format:
CREATE RULE "test_rule" AS ON INSERT TO "test"
DO INSTEAD(
INSERT INTO "test" (fld) VALUES (NEW.fld);
);
If calling a function inside the rule's definition, the permission were
read OK.
SELECT my_func (NEW.fld) AS OK;

Best regards,
Luis Sousa