Nested Transactions, Abort All

From: Thomas Swan <tswan(at)idigx(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date: 2004-07-01 19:01:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there going to be an option to abort the complete transaction without
knowing how deep you are? Perhaps something like "ABORT ALL".

The reason I suggest this, is that I can foresee an application or user
leaving nested transactions open inadvertently, or not knowing how
deeply nested they are when they are called. It's just a thought, and I
didn't recall any mention of something like it on the list.

Thomas