Embedded SQL timestamp Question (ECPG)

From: Greg Markham <gmarkham(at)markhamdirect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Embedded SQL timestamp Question (ECPG)
Date: 2004-06-30 00:04:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm trying to use embedded SQL to load some tables and I'm having some
trouble being able to create timestamps using PGTYPEStimestamp_current
routine to create a timestamp before using it in a insert statement.
The issue is that the timestamp that gets created is only to the
second. I need it to the microsecond. I will use this timestamp as
part of the primary key of two tables. Does anyone know how to create a
timestamp object (using PGTYPEStimestamp_current or not) that when
insert via embedded SQL will create a timestamp out to at least 6
milliseconds (i.e. 2004-06-29 12:59:59.999999)?

Thank you in advance for any help,

- Greg Markham
gmarkham(at)markhamdirect(dot)com