Re: warning missing

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: warning missing
Date: 2004-06-25 16:16:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Greg,
>
> You don't like Java/C#. I do.

What appear here is that you hate C++.

I'm a C++ developer since long time now, and I can not use JAVA and or C#
just for a couple of reason:

1) Java was supposed to be platform compatible: in thereality is not really true.
2) I can not use the RAII Idiom, or at least without be a joggler
3) I miss the "const" modifier for methods, and I really can not be sure of what
happen to my objects when are used around.

Do you want now speak about the missing template feature? Don't say template
are the same of Generics.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola