Re: why no answer? [Fwd: backup and restore just with use

From: "zuhans(at)iname(dot)com" <zuhans(at)iname(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: why no answer? [Fwd: backup and restore just with use
Date: 2004-06-17 05:28:02
Lists: pgsql-general

hello,

thank you for your short - but informative - answers!
i don't know why this very very important thing isn't implemented by the
jdbc (and other...) driver. it shouldn't only be managable by those
sitting in front of the machine but also via my program to handle some
critical situation in the way i want it to be done (and if i hoste my
webapp somewhere in another continent, i won't be able to sit in front
of the servers console-screen).

to recode pg_dump is far off my time and (maybe) skills. why isn't it
implemented for easier access?

greetings
hans