Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Clean up generation of default
Date: 2004-06-12 10:12:37
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> I'd be inclined to make it only take 2 args, table, col where table can be
> namespace qualified. This allows people who arn't namespace aware to just do
> SELECT pg_get_serial_sequence('mytable','mycol') and have it return the
> correct item following searchpath.. I would think this would then become
> consistant with the standard behavior. Not to mention it would also allow
> for easier moving schema form one namespace to another..

OK, attached is a file with the original function, and an overloaded one
that just takes table and column. It searches your current search_path
to find the first matching table.

Tom, do you have any opinion on whether the former or latter function
would be a good solution to the pg_dump issue?

Chris

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_seq.txt text/plain 1.4 KB