Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Win32 port list <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Tablespaces
Date: 2004-06-11 09:41:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com> writes:
>

>>I expect that one year after release, there will be ten times as many
>>PostgreSQL systems on Win32 as all combined versions now on UNIX flavors
>>

>I surely hope not. Especially not multi-gig databases. The folks
>running those should know better than to use Windows, and if they
>do not, I'll be happy to tell them so.

Admins often don't have a choice, but a company strategy to use win
only. Deciding on the platform before examining the app's requirements
is always a bad idea, but that's what happens. Respecting this,
suggesting "don't use win32 for high performance pgsql databasing" is
equivalent to "don't use pgsql".

Regards,
Andreas