Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1

From: Mikhail Terekhov <terekhov(at)emc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1
Date: 2004-06-10 17:11:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Prabu,

You need to allow Postgres to accept TCP/IP connections.
There are two ways to do that in SuSE :

1. run yast2, go to "System", click on "/etc/sysconfig Editor",
go to Applications/PostgreSQL/POSTGRES_OPTIONS
and add -i parameter, click on Finish ... SuSE will do all the rest.
2. edit file /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf and set
tcp_socket to true. You need to restart postgres after that:
/etc/init.d/postgresql restart

Regards,
Mikhail