Re: PgadminIII and Sqlite

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Tom Browder <tom3(at)fwb(dot)asi(dot)srs(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgadminIII and Sqlite
Date: 2004-06-01 16:28:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Tom Browder wrote:

>Does the architecture of pgadmin3 allow for using it with other databases?
>In particular, is it feasible (and practical) to use it as an administrative
>tool for sqlite?

In general, it's possible to use the architecture for any kind of
database system; If you like, you can take pgadmin3 and implement your
own pgServer class, together with its siblings. The current
implementation is pgsql only, and it was never the intention to have a
cross-db tool. We want to server pgsql first class, not more or less any
database with a subset.

Regards,
Andreas