date default

From: Robert Morgan <robert_(at)ihug(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: postgres <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: date default
Date: 2004-05-27 04:30:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm updating a table that has a field which is datatype 'date' this
field maybe filled out or not before update. If the field is left blank
I get an error, if I test to see if the field is empty and if it is, set
the value to 0001/01/01 then postgres will accept this. I would rather
the field remained empty but setting the field to 'null' is not accepted
by postgres. Im using php to test and set the value.

Bob