updateble views

From: thiemo <thiemo(at)gmx(dot)ch>
To: pgNovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: updateble views
Date: 2002-04-19 23:00:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have a table that I want users to access to only through a view. For
the inserts, I have defined a rule. I granted insert rights on the base
table and view as well as select rights on the view to the users.
However, a users trying an insert on the view gets an "Error while
executing statement: ERROR: s_pwd.nextval: you don't have permissions
to set sequence s_pwd". Is there a right I need to grant to the users
regarding the sequence?

Thx

Thiemo

--