Re: tuning for AIX 5L with large memory

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tuning for AIX 5L with large memory
Date: 2004-05-22 02:31:15
Lists: pgsql-patches pgsql-performance

Christopher Browne wrote:
> One of our sysadmins did all the "configuring OS stuff" part; I don't
> recall offhand if there was a need to twiddle something in order to
> get it to have great gobs of shared memory.

FWIW, the section on configuring kernel resources under various
Unixen[1] doesn't have any documentation for AIX. If someone out there
knows which knobs need to be tweaked, would they mind sending in a doc
patch? (Or just specifying what needs to be done, and I'll add the SGML.)

-Neil

[1]
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC