Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form

From: Paul Lynch <paul(dot)lynch(at)exemail(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parsing Data, Table to Form
Date: 2004-05-19 04:59:24
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi Yasmine,

Just noticed a mistake in the error checking. I typed :
if ( ! pg_numrows($rowstoupdate) == 1 ) // expecting a single
row only
however $rowstoupdate should be $rowtoupdate - take out the 's' .

That will hopefully catch the lack of rows. Now the real problem lies
in the pg_exec statement. It is not getting the data from the table.
And its problem is possibly in the $database connection value. You
should have somewhere before the pg_exec a line like:
$database=pg_connect("dbname=your_db user=your_user");

The error that displays is not the cause of the error, it is back up in
the code that you need to look.

Hopefully you will find the missing or wrong piece up there.
It is also a good practice to include lots of error checks in your
program to help isolate where things are going wrong. It is also good
not to make typing errors when writing error checks :-[ as I did.

HTH
Paul