Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options - summary

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>
Cc: James Thornton <james(at)jamesthornton(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options - summary
Date: 2004-05-14 10:17:10
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

I would recommend trying out several stripe sizes, and making your own
measurements.

A while ago I was involved in building a data warehouse system (Oracle,
DB2) and after several file and db benchmark exercises we used 256K
stripes, as these gave the best overall performance results for both
systems.

I am not saying "1M is wrong", but I am saying "1M may not be right" :-)

regards

Mark