Re: C Functions, datatypes

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: A Palmblad <adampalmblad(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C Functions, datatypes
Date: 2004-05-07 23:48:53
Lists: pgsql-general

A Palmblad wrote:
> I'm writing a function in C, and am trying to return a row,
> containing Numeric and array types. I'm building the row with
> heap_formtuple. I'm having trouble creating the numeric and array
> Datums. If anyone has some example code illustrating this, that'd be
> great.

See PL/R for examples:
http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

Specifically:

plr.c:do_compile()
gathering required information for input conversion of return values

pg_conversion.c:get_scalar_datum()
conversion from (char *value) to Datum using the gathered info for
scalar return datums

pg_conversion.c:get_generic_array_datum()
conversion from multiple (char *values) to Datum using the gathered
info for array return datums

HTH,

Joe