Re: Partial index question

From: Anton Nikiforov <anton(at)nikiforov(dot)ru>
To: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-general (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partial index question
Date: 2004-04-29 11:27:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Paul Thomas пишет:

> On 29/04/2004 09:53 Anton Nikiforov wrote:
>
>> looks like after a few tests that i've done i'm confused more than
>> before.
>> I did create a table and inserted 200000 random records of two
>> different types of data into it.
>

> Did you analyze the table afterwards?

Hello and thanks for the comment. Yes. I did analyze.
Also thanks to Bruno Wolff III for his comments, i have found it easyear
to use his suggestion.
But while i was making my tests i found a way how to use partial or
complex indexes, but they make my selects slower than without indexes at
all :( (I was selecting * not a ma()). But i'll continue my tests.

--
Best regads,
Anton Nikiforov