Re: pgadmin3: 1.0.2-4 + 1.0.2-3.backports.org.1

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3: 1.0.2-4 + 1.0.2-3.backports.org.1
Date: 2004-04-25 16:43:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> If this is what we are experiencing under Woody would it crash before
> or after the locale selection ?

You probably mean assert, which can be ignored? The font settings are
retrieved in a very early stage, in the systemsettings class, which is
constructed even before logging is enabled (because the setting
determines logging params), and before locale is set to a non-default one.

> Do you agree that by specifying default gtk font (like specified in my
> previous mail and FAQ) we should bypass this problem ?

No, explicitely not. 1.0.2 can only use the default font, and won't try
to restore it from a private .pgadmin3 setting which caused that
mentioned trouble. This can only be caused by the SQL window font
setting. Only "Normal" or "Bold" style are recognized, wx doesn't know
e.g. "Medium".

Regards,
Andreas