Re: Help:updateRow() with CIDR types

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Moray Taylor <mugen(at)the400(dot)homeunix(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help:updateRow() with CIDR types
Date: 2004-04-23 23:59:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Moray Taylor wrote:

> I was using updateObject(), I changed it to updateString, I still get
> an SQLException, with no getMessage() data,

Can you post the exception you get, including stacktrace? What is the
query and error (if any) logged on the backend?

(it looks like updateRow's exception rethrow behaviour is pretty lousy
-- it should probably be catching and rethrowing SQLExceptions unchanged)

> however, the data IS
> entered into the database, but the ResultSet isn't updated, i.e. I have
> to requery to see the results. Any ideas?

I'd guess that the exception is causing the row update logic not to
update the resultset's version of the data.

-O