Re: Help with performance problems

From: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with performance problems
Date: 2004-04-23 21:36:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

Chris Hoover wrote:

>On Friday 23 April 2004 14:57, Ron St-Pierre wrote:
>Does this apply to 7.3.4 also?

No it doesn't, I didn't look back through the thread far enough to see
what you were running. I tried it on 7.3.4 and none of the summary info
listed below was returned. FWIW one of our DBs was slowing down
considerably on an update (30+ minutes) and after I changed
max_fsm_pages from the 7.4 default of 20,000 to 50,000, it completed in
about eight minutes.

Ron