Re: vacuum full question.

From: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum full question.
Date: 2004-04-21 17:50:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sure, however this is not a data consistency issue, it's a maintenance
routine. If its shuffling around data to free up pages, it seems it
should be able to save some of this work. For instance, SQL server has
a command to defrag an index: dbcc indexdefrag which I believe is
similar to vacuum, in that it reorganizes the data check out:.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_dbcc_30o9.asp