binary data in `bytea' column

From: Anton Komarevtsev <avkx(at)rt(dot)mipt(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: binary data in `bytea' column
Date: 2004-04-19 20:31:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello.

It's nesessary for me to store bianary data (images, sounds, texts as
bytes) in the database. What should I use for better scalability,
generic `PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream' and
`SesultSet.getBinaryStream' or Large Objects?

I use Postgres 7.4, and autocommit=on is hardcoded in it. But I've
listened, that Large Objects may only work in a single transaction. So,
if I should use Large Objects (if so), how should I use them?

Anton