Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: signal 11 on AIX: 7.4.2
Date: 2004-04-19 17:18:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca> writes:
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:52:59PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I can see from your trace that you are using the getaddrinfo code from
>>> libc, but where is configure finding a header that declares struct
>>> addrinfo?
>
>> Hrm, I can't seem to tell. I see this in config.log, but it isn't
>> telling me where it found it. Am I looking in the wrong place?
>
> What you'd need to do is determine which system headers are being
> #include'd by that config test, and then look through them to find
> struct addrinfo.

judging by gdb's structure printing, the crashed postgres instance used
the non-43 compatible 64-bit version of the strucure. What I don't
really get is that the whole excercise seems to have scribbled over the
stack. The hints pointer originating from the on-stack structure in
parse_hba is somehow pointing into the blue.

Jan

> A shortcut is just to grep through /usr/include and its subdirectories
> for addrinfo. If you only find one definition, then you don't really
> need to worry too much. But if there's more than one you need to
> determine which is getting used.
>
> regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #