Re: Operator for int8 array

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "K(dot)Deepa" <kdeepa(at)midascomm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "S(dot)Thanga Prakash" <thanga(at)midascomm(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Operator for int8 array
Date: 2006-02-24 17:03:18
Lists: pgsql-general

"K.Deepa" <kdeepa(at)midascomm(dot)com> writes:
> I need operator for int8 array. I tried changing the code in contrib/
> and compiled.
> When I tried executing the query, it is dumping. Kindly tell me if there
> is alternative
> to overcome the problem. I am using postgresql 7.1.3 version.

7.1.3? Egad. Get yourself onto some remotely modern version of PG.
7.1 is nearly five years old and has many known serious bugs, of
both data-loss and security flavors.

You didn't say exactly what you needed to do with an int8 array, but you
may well find that 8.1 can do it already. The array support is far
superior now to what it was in 7.1.