Re: How do i compare 2 postgresql instanses ?

From: "Michael Nacos" <m(dot)nacos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do i compare 2 postgresql instanses ?
Date: 2008-07-08 13:20:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello there. Simple counts can certainly prove two databases are not the
same version. But what if you actually want to look at the data? I have been
thinking about row checksums, would you say this would be a reasonable way
of verifying two databases are equivalent? I have many other things on my
mind, so I haven't tried implementing this yet.

Michael