Re: Assertion failure in walreceiver

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, "<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assertion failure in walreceiver
Date: 2010-02-26 03:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> While we're at it, the error message doesn't seem right:
>
> FATAL:  recovery connections cannot start because the
> recovery_connections parameter is disabled on the WAL source server
>
> recovery_connections is on by default, the real problem is that
> archive_command and max_wal_senders are disabled.

So do I understand this right, if you have archive_mode disabled and
try to start a slave you get this error. Then when you shut down your
master and set archive_mode on and bring it up and try again you'll
*still* get this message because the last checkpoint will be the final
shutdown checkpoint where archive_mode was still disabled?

--
greg