Re: unresolved bugs

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unresolved bugs
Date: 2010-01-07 00:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> Oh, wow, I didn't realize it was time for another round of this. Wheeeee!

Actually I suspect it is time.

My preferences have changed. While they used to go something like
debbugs > RT > nothing > bugzilla they now go something like debbugs >
RT > bugzilla > nothing. That is, even though bugzilla is possibly my
least favourite open source bug tracking system it's still better than
continuing the way we are. We've been pretty lucky so far, in part due
to Tom and others being remarkably diligent but it's only a matter of
time until we forget or miss a critical report. And from a PR point of
view it just looks terrible.

So in short while I still think debbugs is the best approach to this
I've seen at this point *any* free software based solution is fine
with me.

I'm assuming they can all be configured to send all new bug reports to
a mailing list and I do think we should choose one that stores the
database in Postgres, but I think that's true for nearly all of them
and can be made true for all of them.

--
greg